Aussies love their holidays and trips up the beach is a sure favourite escape for a long weekend. The problem is that sand gets into absolutely everything and can be quite frustrating when it collects inside your caravan, RV or motorhome. Another issue is the effect of salt water on your vehicles, because it’s very corrosive, which is where regular maintenance becomes important.
So, if you are getting ready to head off for a fun time beach camping with your friends or family, here are 7 tips that will help you to minimise the issues of sand in your recreational vehicles and salt water corrosion on your next trip.
Before you head off for your beach holiday
Whilst organising the logistics for your next trip, there are three actions that will increase the protection of your recreational vehicles from the damaging effects of sea salt.
- Rust protection: Anyone who is lucky enough to live by the beach already knows the value of rust protection for their vehicles. When you are beach camping, the same is also true! Protecting your caravan, RV or motorhome, before you leave, is a very cost-effective maintenance measure, ensuring that your recreational vehicles are protected from the corrosive behaviour of sea salt.
- RVGard your vehicles: Another important maintenance measure is RVGard, which provides protection for both the inside and the outside of your vehicles. Inside you can protect the furnishings, carpets, vinyls and fabrics against stains, as well as fading, cracking and splitting caused by sunlight. Outside, you can protect the paint against bird and bat droppings, tree sap and paint oxidation. All of this only requires one single application and will significantly extend the life of your recreational vehicles.
- Service your vehicles: Just as you always service your car or 4WD, it’s a good idea to service your caravan, RV or motorhome annually as well. This not only ensures they are safe on the road, but you won’t void your warranty; services are a compulsory part of all Green RV warranties.
During your beach holiday
Cleaning during your trip might not be top of your list, but our cleaning pack will make short shift of any sand or other debris that has collected inside your recreational vehicles. If you add in these next three easy tips, you will be amazed at how low-maintenance and sand-free your beach camping life can be!
- Brush or rinse off sand: This seems like a very simple tip, but so many people forget to brush or rinse off sand before entering their caravan, RV or motorhome. You can keep a small brush near the door or a bucket to rinse your feet. Alternatively, you can treat yourself to a quick shower using a lockable external shower box: check out our white shower box or black shower box.
- Remove shoes: Another very simple, but also very effective tip is to remove your shoes or thongs before entering your recreational vehicles to prevent tracking sand inside.
- Use a patio mat: Designed to keep sand, dirt and mud from being tracked into your vehicles, our patio mats will soon be available in a variety of colours and sizes.
Arriving home from your beach holiday
- Wash your vehicles: When you return home from your awesome holiday, don’t forget to thoroughly clean both inside and outside your caravan, RV or motorhome, so that it’s ready for your next trip. Use a specially formulated awning cleaner to remove dirt, mould and tree sap from the awnings, keeping them clean and fresh while stored.
Bonus Tip: Baby powder is magic! It will quickly remove persistent sand from your skin!
Need a new or pre-loved caravan, RV or motorhome? Feel free to contact the friendly team at Green RV on 07 5356 5000 or send us an email today.