The Parts Manager oversees the daily operations of the Parts Department within their location. This involves planning, leading, organizing, and supervising the day-to-day activities of the Parts Department.
The Parts Manager is also responsible for ensuring stock levels and inventory are within desired parameters and maintaining a professional and well-presented showroom.
This is a key leadership role. Working with the General Manager, the Parts Manager drives business performance through the development of an engaged and capable team. The Parts Manager sets a clear direction for how the area will achieve its specific goals and targets.
- Represent the Green RV brand in a professional manner at all times. Ensure the showroom is well presented and appealing to customers.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with customers. Monitor customer payments to ensure compliance with credit terms.
- Ensure stock levels are appropriate to current business needs by conducting analysis on inventory and turnover. Maintain stock levels within agreed limits, avoiding both under and over-supply of individual parts. Undertake regular analysis on margin and inventory aging.
- Promote effective communication across the parts area, providing clarity and direction for each team member. Provide mentoring, coaching, support, and on-the-job training for relevant team members.
- Maintain positive relationships with key suppliers and the Green RV Service Department. Provide the broader business with any technical assistance in relation to Parts.
Assist the Branch Manager in developing strategies for process improvement, increasing profitability, and improving the customer experience. Provide the Branch Manager with timely and accurate inventory reporting.
- Previous experience in fast-moving parts (retail) environment.)
- Highly organized and can meet deadlines. Able to efficiently manage internal and external resources to meet the planning requirements associated with this role.
- Strong commercial acumen and highly developed communication skills; verbal, written, and listening.
- Goal orientated. Is able to lead, build and develop team capability.
- Able to build constructive relationships across multiple stakeholders; team, customers, suppliers, and Head Office.
- Competent in the use of business-related technology and systems